Menagerie for the masses
Copenhagen Zoo opened on 20 September 1859. Ornithologist Niels Kjærbølling had been granted unrestricted use of the Princess Wilhelmine Gardens at Valby Bakke. He exhibited stuffed birds and eagles, hens, ducks, owls, rabbits, a fox, a seal in a bath tub and a…
Images from Copenhagen Zoo
The elephant's house in Copenhagen Zoo
designed by Foster + Partners opened in June 2008.
År: 2008 PHOTO: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mitflickr/2823068786/
Contribute to Copenhagen Zoo
Contribute with a story about this place?
Contribute with one or more pictures
Contribute with videos
Contribute with links
" Between 1880 and 1903, a series of 'human caravans' performed in Tivoli and the…
The Elephant House from 2008 is one of the celebrated British architect Sir Norman Foster's…