The eternal village
The village of Ejlby Lunde on North Funen was established by residents of the nearby parish town of Ejlby. Before long the hard-working farmers of the village had planted the flat land with crops. Ejlby Lunde was fully cultivated already by 1682, and for the past 500…
When farms became equal
All the farms in Ejby Lunde were owned by the Gyldensteen Manor. In the late 18th century, the manor divided the land around the village equally among the nine farms. Each farm received one large plot of land, rather than parcels of land spread out over a wide area. Equalisation", as the procedure was called, simplified administration for the manor, and became common among manor owners of the day. For Ejby Lunde, equalisation meant that the nine farms each held precisely the same amount of field and meadow - and that the rent they paid the manor was exactly the same, as was the tax they paid to the state. Around 1800, 56 percent of the villages on Funen had been equalised. "
Contribute to Ejlby Lunde
Contribute with a story about this place?
Contribute with one or more pictures
Contribute with videos
Contribute with links