Kalundborg Senderen fra nord
Facts

The height of service

By

Kalundborg Radiophony Station was opened in 1927 on the low peninsula of Gisseløre off Kalundborg harbour. It consisted of a building for the long wave transmitter and two 105 metre-high antennae towers made by Nakskov Shipyard. The antennae itself, comprising four…

Show more

Contribute to Kalundborg Radiophony Station

Have you visited / Want to visit? Contribute to this place Add to route
Selected entry

Coast to coast radio

Time / Periode 1927
0 comments 0 recommendations

With the exception of the inhabitants of Northwest Jutland, where bog iron ore in the soil impeded the radio waves, all Danes were able to listen to Danmarks Radio from 1927. For years, the radio was used to raise public awareness: Many of the programmes were lectures, classical music and the news supplied by the Danish daily press, which accounts for the name Pressens Radioavis. It was also a point of reference: Everyone had listened to the same programmes and could exchange views on the subject. The Radio host's introduction: Danmarks Radio. Copenhagen, Kalundborg" underlined the Kalundborg transmitter's importance for transmitting the radio signals coast to coast – in fact far beyond the borders of Denmark. Since October 2008, though, the long wave transmitter has sent only a call signal, and the future of the medium wave transmitter is only secure until 2010. "

View all stories

Comments to the story (0)

Contribute to Kalundborg Radiophony Station

Contribute with a story about this place?

Contribute with one or more pictures

Contribute with videos

Contribute with links

Stories (1)

Coast to coast radio

With the exception of the inhabitants of Northwest Jutland, where bog iron ore in the soil impeded …

Images (2)