Flakkebjerg Forskole, for young children, is on West Zealand. It was built in 1903. The School opened in 1904 and was closed in 1962. It was furnished with a schoolroom to the south and teacher's flat to the north. The teacher had two small living rooms, a kitchen, larder and a small cellar, as well as a bedroom on the first floor. The pupils were taught by an infant-school teacher for the first three years. Since 1892, infant-school teachers had been trained at one of the special teacher training colleges for infant-school teachers. The pupils were divided into two classes. They had three hours' teaching every day.
Ingeborg Katrine Nielsen (1894-1982) trained at Odense Forskoleseminarium. She came to Flakkebjerg Forskole in 1915. She taught there for 47 years, even after marrying the local musician. When the school closed in 1962, Ingeborg Nielsen carried on living in the building until 1979. Ingeborg Nielsen was a serious but lovable teacher. Her teaching methods were conservative and she was not happy to change the daily routines at the school. Consequently, no major changes were made in the schoolroom during the 47 years Ingeborg Nielsen taught. And so it stands today, just as it did when she started teaching in 1915. Ingeborg Nielsen is buried in Flakkebjerg Churchyard.