Skanderborg Command Centre
Facts

The bunker on Vestergade

By

Behind No. 115 Vestergade in Skanderborg is the municipal command centre. This concrete bunker was originally built by the Germans during the Second World War, but stood abandoned until the 1950s and the mounting Cold War threat. In 1961, the then Civil Defence Agency…

Show more

Contribute to Skanderborg Command Centre

Have you visited / Want to visit? Contribute to this place Add to route
Selected entry

German second-hand

Time / Periode 1944
0 comments 0 recommendations

The bunker was built in September 1944 by the German Luftwaffe, which had its Danish headquarters in Skanderborg. The bunker was of the Regelbau L484 type, of which five were built in Denmark. This was one of the many standardised types developed by the German engineers for their building programme to save time and ensure consistent quality. It was built to house a radio terminal, and was to serve as a communications bunker along with the existing German Stützpunkt installation Skanderborg at Skanderborg Dyrehave. But by the end of the war, the bunker had not been commissioned. It was refurbished in the early 1960s and remains fully intact today with the original fixtures and fittings from 1990. The bunker is part of Skanderborg Museum’s Cold War heritage exhibition.

View all stories

Comments to the story (0)

Contribute to Skanderborg Command Centre

Contribute with a story about this place?

Contribute with one or more pictures

Contribute with videos

Contribute with links

Stories (1)

German second-hand

The bunker was built in September 1944 by the German Luftwaffe, which had its Danish headquarters in…