Kulvig Havn
Facts

Forests for everyone

By

Trelde Næs forms the very tip of the peninsula north of Fredericia. In 1919, factory owner Harald Plum bought the area as a country residence and production forest. He also built a sawmill, harbour and other facilities. In 1966, the area was bought by Fredericia…

Show more

Contribute to Trelde Næs

Have you visited / Want to visit? Contribute to this place Add to route
Selected entry

Freehold forests

Time / Periode 1919
0 comments 0 recommendations

In the old days, the king owned the large forests that included Trelde Næs. However, from 1764 to 1765, the land and forests were sold to local copyholder farmers as freeholds. The price was high, and to afford both the interest and repayments, many farmers felled so many trees that the forests disappeared. One writer explained how one wagonload of good firewood after another was driven through the gates of Fredericia so that the farmers could sell it to the townspeople for ready money. The forest southwest of Trelde Næs is still called a freehold forest (Selvejerskov") and the rectangular plots of forest land are neatly intersected by dikes marking the property boundaries. "

View all stories

Comments to the story (0)

Contribute to Trelde Næs

Contribute with a story about this place?

Contribute with one or more pictures

Contribute with videos

Contribute with links

Stories (1)

Freehold forests

In the old days, the king owned the large forests that included Trelde Næs. However, from 1764 to …

Images (3)

Links (1)